Mr. Jawad Raza
SVP, Head of Data Analytics
Meezan Bank Limited
International Financial & Commercial Leadership Achievements
- Worked across three continents – Americas, Europe and Asia. Delivered on assets located from Chile, Brazil, UK, US, Egypt, Zambia, Indonesia, Malaysia, France, Italy, India and Australia on challenging and complex projects. He started his career in Canada and worked in London for several years. He is currently based in Pakistan and is SVP, Head of Data Analytics at Meezan Bank Limited.
- Set-up a greenfield Big Data (data science) team for Meezan Bank
- Designed Big Data strategy in-house
- Successfully delivered one of the largest strategic projects for Meezan.
- Part takes in other CEO and Deputy CEO initiatives.
- Bank Alfalah – implemented multiple initiatives reporting to the CEO and ex CEO Standard Chartered Sadiq
- He successfully completed the strategic diagnostic phase in 2016 along with Board of Directors’ approval.
- Built 5 year strategy and forecasting for Alfalah focusing on Lead Generation and Analytics and Digital banking
- Barclays Capital (London, UK) conducted commercial and strategic projects for the Bank focusing on Investment bank and Corporate bank assets over several business lines (FI’s, NBFI’s, M&A, ECM, DCM, FICC) in a number of countries in Europe (incl UK), Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- RBS (London, UK) furnished financing to hedge funds, pension funds, UK and European financial institutions and investment grade companies
- Ernst & Young (London, UK) mainly worked in the Energy, Chemicals & Utilities and FI sectors
- Most of the deals he did were for FTSE 100 clients and included origination and execution of M&A transactions, Joint Ventures and corporate transactions globally.